Join us for an autumn information session to learn about the program and ask questions.
- Rising second-, third-, and fourth-year UChicago students may apply to participate in the RA program
- Fourth-year UChicago students who will graduate and pursue a UChicago MA program in the next academic year may apply to the RA program
How it Works
Students who wish to participate in the paid RA program will:
- Submit an application to participate in the program
- Receive notification of RA awards (matches are made by SISRM)
- Register for one SISRM methodological course;
- Attend RA orientation
- Participate in the Practice of Social Scientific Research;
- Complete the summer methodologies course;
- Work on the Summer RA project
2023 Application Guidelines
Guidelines for undergraduates
- Please select “UGrad SISRM” as your program Name
- Header information: your full name, major, year in school
- Candidate questions:
- Describe your interest in pursuing a research experience with a faculty mentor in the social sciences.
- How does your current major and interests in that field influence your reasons for pursuing an RAship? If you have not yet declared a major, how do you anticipate that participation in SISRM will influence your future academic decisions?
- Describe your previous experiences with faculty research (if any) and/or any existing skill set that you believe will be valuable in your role as a SISRM RA.
- What do you hope to learn through this experience?
CV guidelines for undergraduates
- Your CV should detail honors, awards, research, leadership/service, and other co- and extra-curricular activities you have pursued since beginning your undergraduate studies in the College. If you possess proficiency in a language other than English, please make note of it. Please do not include details from high school—we’re interested in getting to know about you in this phase of your academic and professional development. You can find further guidance on developing a CV on the CCRF website.