BSD Senior Leadership Academy
The Biological Sciences Division has established a Senior Leadership Academy for senior faculty leaders ready to commit to a 9-month course dedicated to advancing professional and personal skills required to lead and manage in today’s complex academic, research and health care environment. The goal of this program is to equip senior faculty leaders including chairs and section chiefs with the knowledge, tools and resources to lead within our departments and division over the coming years. Faculty will complete an institutional project as part of the course. Sessions are facilitated by both UChicago Booth School of Business instructors and Executive Leaders across the University. The cohort is limited to 20-25 senior faculty.
|Developing authentic leadership||Institutional climate and culture|
|Conflict management & performance management||Change management|
|CFO forum: University, UCM, and BSD finances||Best practices for strategic planning|
|Faculty Recruitment strategies||Contracts, accountable care and new reimbursement models|
|School of Medicine finances & balancing the tripartite mission
When & Where
Monthly sessions start in October 2022 through June 2023 from 5:00 – 7:00 P.M. (including dinner, pending COVID guidelines) on the following dates . Final project presentations take place during the last session in June.
- Thursday, October 19, 2022
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Wednesday, May 17, 2023
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Who is eligible to apply?
- Current BSD faculty leaders including Chairs, Section Chiefs, Vice Chairs and senior departmental, educational, clinical, or research leaders.
- Emerging leaders at the rank of Associate or full Professor nominated by their department chair as being poised to take on a greater leadership role within the department or BSD.
- We welcome applications from a diverse group of senior faculty, in particular women and those from underrepresented backgrounds.
2021 SLA Graduates
View the recent 2021 graduates
2020 SLA Graduates
Candidates are selected based on their application and commitment to participate in at least 7 of the 9 monthly sessions. Complete the application form below and upload the following documents:
- CV or Biosketch
- Summary of your leadership goals and aspirations (150 word max)
- Letter of recommendation from your Department Chair, Section Chief, or other Institutional Leader (Chairs are exempt from this requirement)