Nominations have now closed.
Purpose: The objective of this award is recognize highly talented members of our faculty for research excellence. Each faculty may nominate one junior and one senior faculty member in this category.
1 Junior Faculty Award (Instructors or Assistant Professsors)
1 Senior Faculty Award (Associate or Full Professors)
- Individuals are to be nominated for outstanding research contributions in science
- Nominee must be a current member of the employed (non-voluntary) faculty at the University of Chicago and hold their primary appointment in a BSD department.
- The work for which the person is being nominated must have occurred at the University of Chicago
- Current elected members of the Faculty Advisory Committee are ineligible; see list of members here
Nomination Submission Requirements:
- A short summary (250-500 words) stating the basis for the nomination. Must not include unpublished work.
- CV of nominee – nominee is to indicate their 5 (junior rank) or 10 (senior rank) best publications with an asterisk.
- Demet Araç-Özkan, PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Matthew Stephens, PhD, Human Genetics and Statistics
2011 - 2018
- Jane Churpek, MD, Medicine
- Stefano Allesina, PhD, Ecology and Evolution
- D. Allan Drummond, PhD, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Joy Bergelson, PhD, Ecology and Evolution
- Marcus Kronforst, PhD, Ecology and Evolution
- Michael Rust, PhD, Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology
- Thomas Gajewski, MD, PhD, Medicine, Pathology and the Ben May Department for Cancer Research
- Sliman Bensmaia, PhD, Organismal Biology & Anatomy
- Paul Sereno, PhD, Organismal Biology & Anatomy
- Dezheng Huo, MD, PhD, Public Health Sciences
- Jonathan Staley, PhD, Molecular Genetics & Cell Biology
- Joseph Piccirilli, PhD, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology and Chemistry
- David Freedman, PhD, Neurobiology
- Nancy Cox, PhD, Human Genetics and Medicine
- Joel Collier, PhD, Surgery
- Ernst Lengyel, MD, PhD, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Juliane Bubeck Wardenburg, MD, PhD, Pediatrics and Microbiology
- Molly Przeworski, PhD, Human Genetics and Ecology & Evolution
- Donald F. Steiner, MD, Medicine and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology