The BSD Office of Faculty Affairs & the Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence are pleased to partner with the Schwartz Center to offer another UCM Virtual Schwartz Rounds session to the UCM community. It will be held virtually, on Thursday, October 7th from 12-1 pm.
Please Register Here and for more information, please contact OfficeofFacultyAffairs@bsd.uchicago.edu
More about the Schwartz Center:
- The Schwartz Center was founded in 1995 and is committed to compassionate health care.
- The Schwartz Center supports the Schwartz Rounds program in hundreds of organizations in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
- Schwartz Rounds offer healthcare providers a regularly scheduled time during their fast-paced work lives to openly and honestly discuss the social and emotional issues they face in caring for patients and families.
- Panelists from diverse disciplines participate in the sessions, including physicians, nurses, social workers, psychologists, allied health professionals, chaplains, environmental services, and food services, etc. After listening to a panel’s brief presentation on an identified case or topic, caregivers in the audience are invited to share their own perspectives on the case and broader related issues.
- Schwartz Rounds sessions strengthen the caregiver-patient relationship and remind caregivers why they entered the healthcare profession.