Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathologists are:
- John Hart, MD (subspecialty director)
- Namrata Setia, MD (subspecialty director, anticipated July, 2023)
- Shu-Yuan Xiao, MD
- Christopher Weber, MD, PhD
- Lindsay Alpert, MD
- Lindsay Yassan, MD
GI Service Reminders for Residents:
- All biopsies (except for 15 cases on Monday and 10 cases Tue-Fri which will go to GI-B)
- All bigs grossed by the GI resident (either current or previous week’s GI resident)
- Any other GI cases you’d like to learn from (If these cases would typically go to GI-B, then you should look at them with the GI-B attending)
- Biopsies: 15 cases on Monday, 10 cases on Tue-Fri
- Ditzels: Gallbladders, appendectomies, etc.
- Any leftover bigs (i.e. bigs grossed by PAs)
Cut-off time (Mon-Fri)
- Noon (for bigs/routines) and 5 pm (for biopsies)
- Example: If you get a big stack of biopsies at 4:45 pm on a Friday, you can put them in the GI-A attending box. We do not expect you to cover those cases prior to your grossing week & before you go to the gross room at 5 pm.
- Please page the GI-B attending if you drop off a big stack of cases in their box.
- Due to the heavy volume of cases, communication is key while on the GI service. If you have any questions or concerns about the case breakdown, please feel free to ask your GI attending or fellow.