Auto text: “Insert Adrenal”
- If NEOPLASTIC: Weigh, Measure in 3D, and Ink outer surface
- If NON-NEOPLASTIC: Weigh and Measure AFTER removal of adventitial fat. No need to ink.
- If adrenalectomy is for neuroblastoma, please see the Neuroblastoma Page in the Peds & Perinatal Section.
- For tumors, overnight formalin fixation is appropriate.
- Serially section to include normal adrenal and tumor.
- Measure size and describe appearance of all nodules and/or masses.
- Describe sharpness of nodule margins.
- Describe adrenal cortex layering and relationship to nodules or tumors.
- Take representative sections of tumor to margin, adjacent adrenal gland, kidney, or any other nearby structures.
- Submit any lymph nodes.