By The University of Chicago Department of Pathology
Auto text: “Insert Liver Biopsy”
- Filter the core(s) into a mesh bags and submit all.
- Biopsies for medial reasons (ex. elevated liver function tests) can be submitted in one cassette.
- Biopsies for suspected malignancies (ex. focal lesions or history of cancer) should be split into 2 cassettes.
- A Trichrome, reticulin and iron stain (“Liver specials”) will be ordered automatically on one block, if it is not for tumor. Please confirm this in CoPath.
- If the requisition states the biopsy was taken for molecular markers, confirm the CoPath part type is “Biopsy for Molecular Testing” and the protocol is for only 1 H&E level to be cut in histology.