Auto text: “Insert Cervical Biopsy”
- Measure and entirely submit.
- Identify epithelial surface and lesion. Measure dimensions of cylinder and lesion. Describe lesion.
- If punch is 3 mm or less in diameter, submit without sectioning.
- If punch is 4 mm or more in greatest dimension, bisect and submit entirely: If lesion is small, divide punch biopsy down the long axis at the edge of the lesion. Embed cut surface down. (Never cut through the middle of a small lesion in a punch biopsy. When the halves are embedded and the block faced, you risk losing the lesion.)
- Incisional: Measure dimensions and lesion. Serially section and submit all.
- Excisional: See Skin Excision in the Skin section for detailed instructions.